Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Revelation


Consider this for a "wake-up" call.  As I was proclaiming Revelation 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19, this Second Sunday of Easter, I realized what the Apostle John had just realized.  That the "Son of Man," was Jesus morphed into God.

John is in exile and he has a vision.  He describes it.  He sees "one like a son of man" wearing a long robe and a gold sash.  Think about this.  Why would a mere man be clothed like this, and be surrounded by seven gold lamp stands?  Well, he wouldn't: unless He were the Son of God.

When John realized this, he dropped down in fear!  I would have too, but I didn't have Jesus in front of me.  We were at the Liturgy of the Word; and in front of me was a sleepy, bored, congregation.

However, about fifteen minutes later, during the Liturgy of the Eucharist, I identified myself with John, as I realized that that Host, Father was holding up, was as alive for me, as it was for John.

Forever and ever.


Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...