Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Personal Jesus Prayer


The Jesus Prayer is well known.  You just repeat it over and over and it becomes a mantra.  
                          O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
 People pray it all the time, and sometimes they use their rosaries to count the prayers.  I usually change the words to:
                                  O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners.
That's my preferred way to pray the Jesus prayer.  Sometimes though, I feel moved to place a person's name in:
                                  O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on Paula, a sinner.
It's a quick way to pray for some one.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...