Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2020

My Role


WORD ON FIRE

WHY 'WHAT THE BISHOPS ARE DOING ABOUT IT?' IS THE WRONG QUESTION

Bishop Robert Barron wrote an article in the Pilot, entitled "Why ' What Are The Bishops Doing About It' is the Wrong Question."   that I've been thinking a lot about, lately.  What can I do to contribute to undo the racial prejudice in the USA? 

What can a simple old lady do?
     I can pray.  I am and that has led me to do something, but what?

     I can write stories.  I blog and not enough people read me.  I don't affect change.

     I can write poetry.  My mediocre poetry isn't moving anyone to change.

     I can listen.  I am and I am moved to do something but what?

     I can encourage others when I have the opportunity.  Big deal, I've always done that.

     Any suggestions?

     I am discouraged and I haven't even done anything, yet.  

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...