Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2020

The Wisdom of Foolishness


Lectio:

1 Corinthians 1:22-25

22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.  

Studium:

 The passage mentions Jews and Greeks but it really covers everybody.  Some people look for miracles to convince them that Jesus is the Messiah and others want wise, sensible writings and actions.  What a disappointment Jesus is to them!  Jesus didn't conquer the enemies.  He didn't write a book.  He was a humble carpenter who hung around humble people.  I've heard others reject Jesus because of the way He died.  A God would die so ignobly!  But the foolishness of God is part of the plan of salvation for mankind.  Only God can make up for a sin against God.  The preaching of the cross destroyed sin and restored the Kingdom of God to His people.


Meditatio:

May I be counted as one of Your children, Lord.  I don't want to be proud and wise.  You loved me so much and I thank you for loving me.  Remember when that Wiccan in my class said he would believe if he could read something Jesus wrote.  I could have smacked him with a Bible but I didn't.  I tried to explain to him to meditate on the cross.  Why You died for him is what he needs to understand.  I pray for him.
Oratio:
I won't question Your wisdom.  Help my unbelief.
Contemplatio:
Thank you, Lord, for loving me.
Resolutio:
I resovle to thank you more often for the grace of faith.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...