Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Covid-19 Brain

One of the problems with being quarantined is that the days all blend into each other.  They are all the same.  I don't know if it's Monday or Friday, nevermind the specific month and date!


Anyway, today was the funeral of my neighbor's husband.  Funeral Masses were put off until this week and even though the Mass is held now, the number of people is restricted.  The widow, herself phoned me and personally invited me.  How could I say "no?"  And I had to be there half an hour early, parked in my car, at a certain spot until the funeral director gave me directions.

I was running late and rushed out.  I haven't been to church in months and haven't worn makeup and heels since before then.  Driving to my assigned parking spot, I remembered that I forget to put on lipstick.  So there I am flying down the street, one hand on the steering wheel and the other rummaging through my purse looking for lipstick.  I tried putting it on my lips at a stop sign until I remembered that my lipstick will get all over my mask.  Mask!  What am I putting lipstick on for?!?

The trouble isn't over.  I was the first to arrive at the designated parking place.  I waited.  I waited.  I waited.  I was the only one there.  I waited for half an hour.  I waited for ten minutes more. Finally I phoned my neighbor:

Hello

Hello, I can hardly hear you.  I'm inside a store.

A store!?!  You're supposed to be at your husband's funeral Mass!

It's next week.!!!!!

Oh

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...