Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Four more days before Christmas, and it's Sunday Snippets.  This is a post where some of my fellow bloggers and I gather together and share our week's posts.  RAnn at This and That and the Other Thing is our hostess.  So go over there and read what we've been up to this week.

Before I get into all that, I'd like to tell you about our crazy Christmas tradition.  When my children were very young, life was crazy and to make life easier, we ate Chinese Take Out, for Christmas Eve.  With a young family, this was a treat.  It was even considered a Christmas treat--Chinese food!  As teenagers, one of my daughters was dating an Italian boy.  He was invited to our traditional, annual, Christmas Eve Chinese Take Out.

He couldn't believe it.  He was appalled.  He said, "My family has been cooking for two weeks, and you Irishmen order Chinese Take Out?"

Italians have a 7-9 course fish dinner as a traditional Christmas Eve meal.

Nowadays, my daughter and her husband (not aforementioned) have our traditional Chinese Take Out, at their house.  They pay for it and it's their Christmas present to everyone.

Merry Christmas.

Monday -- My attempt to talk about the Blessed Mother.

Tuesday -- My attempt to stop a "cloistered brother" from worshipping Mary.

Wednesday -- Christmas skit on nutrition.

Thursday -- Book Review on Wasteland Renegades.

Friday -- I needed to slap myself from staring into space.

Saturday -- A Christmas present for yourself.

Remember the reason for the season.  Have a holy and blessed Christmas.


Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...