Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2022

T'is Better to be Lucky


 

Cribbage players always say, "I'd rather be lucky that good."  By that they mean that being skilled in the game of cribbage isn't a guarantee of winning.  It takes luck.  
  
I couldn't believe I was winning.  I barely breathed.  I was hot but didn't want to change my luck, so I kept my sweater on.  I wanted to put my glasses on, but I was winning without them.  I needed to go to the bathroom, but I didn't.  I made it.  I didn't win by a large margin on any game, but I won every game I play.  And you and I know, it's just plain ole dumb luck.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...