Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

A Nice Letter

 Yesterday in the mail, I received a handwritten letter from a person who claimed to be a neighbor.  Not really.  The letter writer isn't even in the same town.  So, "neighbor" is used loosely.  She begins by saying that she is sorry that she can't come visit me in person, so she is writing this letter.  Then the letter asks me if I believe that life is forever and would I like to have a better life.  The point of the questions and scripture references is that she is inviting me to an online Bible study organized by the Jehovah Witnesses.

I thought it was a nice letter.  She isn't asking me to come to their "hall."  She isn't asking to come into my home to discuss the Bible.  I am free to look into their web offerings.  

Although I like this approach better than the Jehovah Witnesses ringing my door bell and arguing with me, I don't think letter writing will bring more people into their religion.  I just threw the letter away which is much easier than looking another person in the eye and telling them I'm not interested.  



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...