Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

My Heart

 One of the proofs that you are human is that you have suffered from a broken heart.  I think it is strange and poignant that something so nebulous as emotion is personified by one of the organs in the human body.  I suppose all living creatures also suffer from broken hearts.  I've seen my pets suffer when they've been rejected.  It's all very curious.

The heart, though, has another physical reality.  It can be used as an expression of commitment: i.e., "half-hearted", and "have out heart set on...".  

The deepest expression of meaning is the use of the heart in prayer. Psalm 51 uses "...a humbled, contrite heart..."  I've taken these words to mean a heart that knows its need for God.  We pray to God because we know we have a need to know Him and we petition to become more like Him.  But we also somewhere deep inside ourselves know that we might very well get what we ask for and do we really want it ---humility!



No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...