Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2022

The Lord is Always With Me

LECTIO: 

 Psalm 16

R (cf. 5a) You are my inheritance, O Lord.
Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge;
            I say to the LORD, “My Lord are you.
O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup,
            you it is who hold fast my lot.”
You are my inheritance, O Lord.
I bless the LORD who counsels me;
            even in the night my heart exhorts me.
I set the LORD ever before me;
            with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.
You are my inheritance, O Lord.
Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices,
            my body, too, abides in confidence
because you will not abandon my soul to the netherworld,
            nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption.
You are my inheritance, O Lord.
You will show me the path to life,
            fullness of joys in your presence,
            the delights at your right hand forever.
You are my inheritance, O Lord.

STUDIUM:

Psalm 16 is called a Michtam of David.  Michtam means golden, although some say it is a word related to cover.  This psalm was written in times of peril, the word take cover seems more appropriate.  The whole psalm shows how David found peace and some relief in perilous times.  In our world, maybe we should memorize this psalm to pray.

MEDITATIO:

David certainly understood what his body and soul were feeling.  He knew the words to covey his feelings and thought to the Lord.  The Lord is everything and will never abandon us.

ORATIO:

Lord, I pray to have David's attitude.  He was confident in Your Love and Care.  I need to believe like David.  Help me Lord.

CONTEMPLATIO:

David's heart instructed him about His Ways.  David found peace and joy in contemplating the Lord.

RESOLUTION:

I should listen to the Lord more, like David.




No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...