Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2022

Nearer Than Before

 

God is Near Us by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger seemed like a good book to help me understand the Eucharist.  I'm endeavoring to understand the Eucharist as much as humanly possible.  God is Near Us helped me along.

I learned the origin, practice and meaning of Eucharist from the beginning.  Did you know that everyone received the Eucharist in their hands and standing!!!!---for the first nine centuries!!!!  Pope Benedict explained the historical context of such devotions as Adoration, Corpus Christi and the Mass, itself.

I understand more and feel closer to Jesus when I receive Communion, now.  I appreciate the celebrant's gestures and words.  My mind is catching up with my heart.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...