Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Led By the Holy Spirit

 
 Joan and I went to a Eucharist Congress called "Jesus is Here."  It was held at the Tsongas Center in Lowell, MA.  Since Joan is 90 and can't walk far, I dropped her off and told her to wait for me.

It took me a while to park the car.  First, I went to a parking lot that charged $ 20. But I didn't have $ 20 and they wouldn't take a charge card.  So I had to go to the parking garage and get in line.  Again, because I had no cash, I was told to park in a nearby spot that said 15 min. only.  Then I went inside and paid a cashier.

I might have spent 15-20 minutes after I dropped Joan off.  When I went to the place where I dropped her off, she wasn't there.  The people there didn't see her.  It was then that I realized that Joan had my ticket!!!  I couldn't get in.

She probably didn't bring her cell phone so I couldn't call her. But I did anyway.  I also texted her.  No response.  Even if she brought her cell phone, she doesn't have it on.  If she did have it on she doesn't know how the answer it, never mind text.

I had no choice except to go in and explain everything to somebody.  The first thing I had to do was be searched--like at the airport.  The first thing the man saw was a couple of bananas.  He said, you can't bring food in.  I said "OK, toss the bananas." He did.  That was it.  He looked no further so he didn't see the grapes and water I had in my bag.  I walked over to someone checking tickets and told her my situation and she said that my friend probably is over in the handicapped section, downstairs. There was no one checking tickets downstairs.  The place was full of vested bishops.  I walked through them to the handicapped section.  I went up and and down the seats and I didn't see her.  There were plenty of volunteers around so I told my problem to one of them and she took me in hand and we went back upstairs.  Joan had checked in and next to her name was (2)--(I said that's me.), so she wrapped a paper bracelet around my wrist so I could get the lunch we had paid for. Now we knew that she was in the building.  The volunteer took me to the top floor and we looked in places where handicapped people would go.  She wasn't there.  We proceeded to the next floor.  Same--she wasn't there.  Finally, we went the bottom floor, through the bishops (again) and went up and down the aisle.  Voila!  I found her.  

She was sitting in a wheel chair enjoying herself.  

But, I still never had my ticket but I walked through like Jesus. (Luke 4:30)

No comments:

The Last Believers

  The Women by Kristin Hannah is a wonderful story about a woman’s experience working as a nurse during the Vietnam War. It’s heart wrenchi...