Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

The Forbidden Fruit

 Atlas Obscura has an article on grapefruit, that I found very interesting.  Grapefruit's origin is unknown.  It has many side effects that could kill you, literally.  There is something in grapefruit that doesn't mix well with some things, namely drugs.

Many years ago, my husband went on a grapefruit diet.  He had a glass of grapefruit juice before he ate anything.  I remember trying it, but grapefruit juice on an empty stomach made me sick.  

I also remember a makeup line that used grapefruit as a base.  I wonder what happened to that.

There's a drink called "a greyhound," made with grapefruit juice and vodka.  I'll have to try it and I'll add how it tastes afterwards.  Meanwhile, read the article.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...