Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2022

Journaling is Lectio Divina


It just wasn't clear to me which Catholic Journaling Bible had what we were looking for.  We, are my two granddaughters (age 7 and 11), and myself. There seemed to be three Bibles.  We bought them all.  As soon as the girls opened the packages, they chose.  Immediately, they personalized their choices.  That's why there are stickers on them, except mine.  I definitely don't like the plain cover but I haven't decided what to cover it with, yet.  Anyway, here's my overall review of these Catholic Journaling Bibles.


The seven year old honed in on the word, YOUTH.  She interpreted that to mean "children's."  Anyway, she chose The Catholic Youth Bible.  It is the New American Bible, Revised Edition from Saint Mary's Press, 2017.  I added the Bible Tabs to it, marking the books in the Bible.  While it has good pictures and explanations, I didn't see much room for her to write, never mind draw.  She said she didn't care; she would find somewhere to express her thoughts.

The eleven year old didn't want Bible tabs because the outside pages were too, too beautiful!

 

This Bible is the Inspire Catholic Bible, NLT Catholic Edition, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 2015.  Each page has wide margins on the side for writing or drawing.  Some also have designs to be colored.  We all read the parable of the Good Samaritan and the Inspire edition had a design to be colored and she did.


Lastly, is The Holy Bible, NRSV, Catholic Edition, Anglicized Text Bible, Harper Collins Christian Publishers, 1995. It has no coloring for me to do, but every single page has wide margins for me to write in or draw.  




As I said, we read Luke 10 : 29-37, the parable of the Good Samaritan.  Here's my first attempt at journaling.
I am happy to say, all three of us are content with our choices.  No one is jealous or sorry they chose the Bible they have.  May these Bibles bring us all in a closer relationship with Jesus.  



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...