Search This Blog

Friday, December 26, 2014

Consecration to Uplift You

Picture from MEK's Pencil in the Hole

This morning's post about wasting your prayers, was just confirmed.  It really was.  I was whining about the Litany of Humility.  This litany asks the person praying to pray for things that will happen anyway.  Hence I said to not waste your time.  I developed that thought deeper, yet I applied it generally to St. Louis de Montfort's True Devotion Consecration to Mary.  I am doing the entire five-week consecration.  I'm finding it tremendously outdated, especially because most people, nowadays, don't have the time.  I really feel badly about this.  Many would want to do this consecration but can't because of today's demands.  This results in making people feel bad about their spiritual lives.  Prayer should not depress people.  Prayer should lift people up to God.

What am I babbling about?

I just sat down to do Week 2: Day 4 -- Second Meditation and I read:

Dearest soul, do not let the labors, which you have taken up for Me, break you, nor let tribulations in any way cast you down; but let these words of Mine strengthen you in every situation.  I will repay you beyond all measure.  You will not labor long, nor will you suffer forever.  Wait a while and you shall see all your evils disappear.
     Do all that you have to do, well.  Toil faithfully in my vineyard.  I will see to your reward.  Write, read, sing, sigh, weep, be silent, pray, carry your cross manfuly--eternal life is worth all of these and even greater combats.

I take the saint's words as confirmation of my idea to write my own consecration.  It's going to include all Mary spoke of: readings, singing, prayers, etc.  I think I'll start small and not make it 365 days.  I'll aim for the 40 days of Lent.  What I write will not break anybody.  I hope the opposite happens.  What I write will build and lift people up towards God.  I want them to love Him, and see Him as I see Him.  Through Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...