Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shin Splints

I take it as a sign from God.  Only two days into my running regimen, and I've got a shin splint.  Two days!

And I wasn't pushing it; I wasn't even running!  I haven't been doing any exercise, all summer.  It's time to get back into shape.  I started yesterday.  I know I can't jump in and run a mile.  Yesterday, I walked for half an hour.  That's all.

Today--likewise.

Almost home and I felt pain.  It was in the muscle tissue surrounding my tibia.  I've had it before.  I recognized it for what it is, i.e., medial tibial stress syndrome--shin splint.

I was praying a rosary, while I walked, too.
.
Lord, you know my strengths and weaknesses. You also know that I desire to be with you now and for all eternity. Come, Jesus, and fill me with your strength and your courage. Lord, I want to persevere in running and finishing the race with you!

While healing, I won't walk uphill.  I might bicycle, but not uphill.  Definitely, I'll keep praying the rosary.




Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...