Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

How to celebrate My Year

In reading My Catholic Standard, I came across Father William Byrne's five suggestions to celebrate the Year of Faith:

1.  Remember your Baptism
2.  Learn about your Faith
3.  Pray
4.  Serve
5.  Share

These made me think of what I would do and suggest to others.  Surprisingly, I only have ONE recommendation.  Think

Yes, think about your Faith, this year.  I think if you're thinking about your faith, that incorporates Father Byrne's suggestions and anybody else's.  You will be mindfully engaged in everything you do--thinking about Faith.

Eating--start saying Grace
Walking--pray
Sleeping--examination of conscience before
Working--start the day by praying
All day--praying for every single person you encouter
Reading--learn about your faith
Watching TV--only watch programs making good use of your time
Worshipping--attend Mass as often as you can (daily)

THINK

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...