Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Preparation


According to St. Louis de Montfort's True Devotion Consecration to Mary, I have twelve days (at least) of ridding myself of the worldly things.  Then three weeks of filling up with Jesus, by the holy Virgin.

During these days of self-examination, I should use the prayer ejaculations:

Lord, that I may see.
May I know myself!      All three are to be employed with the Litany of the Holy Spirit.
Come, Holy Spirit
Plus ask the Blessed Virgin to grant grace to persevere, and end with Ave Maris Stella and the Litany of the Blessed Virgin.

And!  I have to make a confession sometime during this five-week period.  Preferably a general confession of my whole life, if possible.



No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...