Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Faith is an Invincible Weapon

Because my mother was a first generation Lithuanian, living in the USA, she tried very hard to be American.  She never taught us children Lithuanian.  In fact, she never taught us anything Lithuanian.  I don't know whether it was a conscious decision, or it just happened.  The result is that I am completely clueless about my Lithuanian heritage.  So when I hear or see anything Lithuanian, I pay attention.

This past weekend at Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center, in Ohio, I came across this cross.
There was an explanation that said that this cross was inspired by the Hill of Crosses in Siauliai, Lithuania.  This morning, I googled "Hill of Crosses."  I am very impressed.

The Soviets couldn't get rid of it.  You can't kill Faith.

Black Masking Indians

 The church, St. Augustine, is the oldest Black Catholic parish in the United States, located in Treme, Louisianna.  Tremé is the oldest Afr...