Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

An Intruder in the Hen House

 In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware is a crime novel.  I guess the setting is a hen party in England.  I say that because I never heard of a hen party.  It's a party for the bride-to-be. Also, the things the girls did at the hen party weren't things girls do around here.

I have two daughters who went places with friends before their weddings, i.e., manicures, facials, massages, parties on schooners, and other various sundry places.  This was a vicious vulture venue.  What a bunch of mean-spirited floozies.  

Their high school sex adventures would make a prostitute blush. I don't think the average teen is into sex like these tarts were.

Outside of the portrayal of their teen sex lives, the crime itself was riveting.  There are quite a few red herrings. At one time, I thought the entire hen party was "gaslighting." Ruth Ware spins a good yarn.  It is scary and a page-turner.  I'd recommend it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blog sounds very interesting for the readers. You can also science and religion from elstel.org

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...