Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Having Friends Help

 We are in the midst of a blizzard.  I've spent the day Facetiming with two of my oldest friends.  This was a first time.  

Judee and I have been friends since high school.  We roomed together in Boston.  She was a bridesmaid at my wedding.  Then we more or less drifted apart.  We exchanged Christmas cards and friended each other on Facebook.  Today since I had nothing pressing to do, on a whim, I messaged her on a video camera.  She came on.  She had never done that before and couldn't stop exclaiming over the novelty.  It was wonderful to see her in person.  It was from Judee that I learned that another high school friend had a death.  

Monica and I were so close in high school that people called us the Bobbsey Twins.  I was kind of angry with her because I asked her to friend me on Facebook and she ignored me.  But when Judee told me that her husband died, I tried to friend her, again.  She did immediately, which meant she was currently on Facebook.  So I video messaged her.  Again, like Judee, Monica had never done that before and was surprised.  

We had a long chat.  It sounded like her life revolved around her husband, so now she doesn't know what to do with herself.  I think she was happy to connect with me.  Maybe I lessen her sorrow, a little.

Judee
Monica





No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...