Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Deathly Seasick

 This novel was given to me by a friend who said it was a "must-read."  He recommends all Ruth Ware's books.  This particular mystery "The Woman in Cabin 10" had its particular moments.  I didn't like the main character, Lo, she drank too much.  I thought she be a victim of "gas-lighting," but she wasn't crazy, it really was happening.  The setting is on a boat and she as a travel journalist is covering it.  But she is suffering from paranoia, having been victimized by an apartment break-in, and she keeps getting drunk, so you wonder if what is happening is real or her imagination.

   I would recommend the book to mystery lovers. It has solid writing and well-drawn characters.  The ending wasn't what I expected but satisfying.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...