Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2022

The Church is the New Jerusalem

 

R. (cf. 1) Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
I rejoiced because they said to me,
"We will go up to the house of the LORD."
And now we have set foot
within your gates, O Jerusalem.
R. Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
Jerusalem, built as a city
with compact unity.
To it the tribes go up,
the tribes of the LORD.
R. Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
According to the decree for Israel,
to give thanks to the name of the LORD.
In it are set up judgment seats,
seats for the house of David.
R. Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.

STUDIUM: 

This is an intercessory prayer and the writer is praying for his family and friends in Jerusalem.  He is asking for peace and that includes the peace that comes from God, besides peace from war.  Peace from God gives you peace of mind.

MEDITATIO: 

What Jerusalem was for the Israelites, our Church is for us.  The Church is the new Jerusalem.  Going to Church should be our safe place, our place of peace, and our joy.

ORATIO: 

Lord, I see You in the Tabernacle.  I see You in the Eucharist.  I taste Your Body and Blood in Communion with my brothers and sisters in faith.  Even more, I feel Your Love.

CONTEMPLATIO:

I rest in your love.  Your peace overwhelms my body. Come Holy Spirit.

RESOLUTIO:

As soon as I recuperate from COVID, I'm going to Adoration.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...