Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Missing Chris Forever

 One of my best friends died a few days ago.  Chris was my soul mate.  She's been sick for quite a while.  One time, when she was gone to recuperate for a long time, I wrote this poem.

 

Missing Chris

Happy is he who find a friend and he who speaks to attentive ears. Sirach 25:9 
My soul mate, Chris would help with my mess,
over spinach artichoke dip, nachos,
ice tea, girl-talk, dope slaps, and laughter;
deftly would your perspective fix my problem;
snap smooth wrinkled excuses and cobwebbed thoughts,
as we share late night secrets and pray for grace.

However, now she has died.  She is free from suffering in this vale of tears.  That leaves me aching.  I wrote this today.  Still missing Chris.  

Missing Chris

Twice this morning I went to text you
about a thought or two, I knew
you would enjoy.  But then.....

Then my mind halted
and I erased my words.

Of course, I know it's necessary to have an ending before you can have a beginning.

But love doesn't end.

That's proof of God, you'd say.

Life goes on for both of us.  Mine is here and yours is there.

But Chris, I can't text you there.
Sure you can.  No words are necessary
when you speak from your heart.



 

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...