Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Henna

 

My granddaughter and I went to a fair today.  We were standing in line to get her face painted but it was too long.  While standing in line I notice a lady sitting across the room at a table.  She had no customers and she had a sign on the table that said "henna."  I knew what that was, so I asked my granddaughter if she would like a beautiful temporary tattoo on her hand, instead of getting her face painted.  She agreed.  She was thrilled with the results.  

Henna is body art.  It is ink made from a small flowering shrub called Henna.  It stains the skin.  It doesn't hurt at all.  My granddaughter said it felt very, very cold.  It goes on like black ink.  Soon the design will raise up to a crust.  Then it flakes off and you see an orange design.  But twenty-four hours latter, the design is dark brown.  The design last for a couple of weeks.  You can wash and swim.  It will just fade away.

People will get a henna design for special occasions.  They're pretty and fun.  

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...