Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2022

Celebrating Halloween

 Tonight is Halloween and people, especially children, like to dress up in.  Scary costumes are prevalent.  I like to celebrate Halloween as an opportunity to catechize.  I explain that our dead are more alive than we are in heaven.  They are still with us.  It's a communion of saints.  We pray for our deceased loved ones and they pray for us.  

I can't forget the candy.  Children ring the doorbells and people give them candy.  I can give and give and unlike Christmas, no one says, "Oops, I forgot to give them something."  It's a time to give and remember.  

Enjoy the moment.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...