Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Pangrams

                              [Photo: Glen Noble/Unsplash]
 

An English pangram is a sentence that contains all 26 letters of the English alphabet. The most well known English pangram is probably “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

  • Waltz, nymph, for quick jigs vex Bud. - Dmitri Borgmann

  • Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.

  • Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. - Mark Dunn

  • Glib jocks quiz nymph to vex dwarf.

  • Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz.

  • The five boxing wizards jump quickly.

  • How vexingly quick daft zebras jump!

  • Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

  • Two driven jocks help fax my big quiz.

  • The jay, pig, fox, zebra and my wolves quack!

  • Sympathizing would fix Quaker objectives.

  • A wizard's job is to vex chumps quickly in fog.

  • Watch "Jeopardy!", Alex Trebek's fun TV quiz game.

  • By Jove, my quick study of lexicography won a prize!

  • Waxy and quivering, jocks fumble the pizza.

Here's a famous one that tells you how many letters it uses.

This Pangram contains four a's, one b, two c's, one d, thirty e's, six f's, five g's, seven h's, eleven i's, one j, one k, two l's, two m's, eighteen n's, fifteen o's, two p's, one q, five r's, twenty-seven s's, eighteen t's, two u's, seven v's, eight w's, two x's, three y's, & one z. - Lee Sallows

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...