Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Snippets -- A Catholic Carnival

Pic from MEK, Pencil in the Hole

Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids.  If you click over to R'Ann's, I'm sure you'll find something to interest you.

First, let me tell you about my Mom.  Back in the day, when I was a child, everyone's Mom stayed at home.  There came a time, (I was only three.) when Mom had to go to work.  The first thing she did, with her first pay check, was buy me a tricycle.  Boy, did I love that trike!  But actually, that purchase symbolizes the main purpose of her working--to provide me with those little "extras," that Dad's paycheck didn't cover.  God bless you, Mom!

What did I do this week?  Well:

Sunday -- What happened to me on Divine Mercy Sunday.

Monday -- One of Mick's poems and drawings.

Tuesday -- Reflection on the Feast of St. Catherine of Siena.

Wednesday -- Wed. was the Feast of Pius V, but I was reading about an Icon of the Virgin of Nicopeia
                         which was carried on one of the ships, in the Battle of Lepanto, (Pius V's reign) and
                         got sidetracked.  

Thursday --  This post was inspired by Father Kevin's intro.

Friday --  Origin of the scapegoat.

Saturday -- Another prayer group tale.

To find out how the other Sunday Snippets' bloggers week went, click of to This And that and the other thing.  How'd your week go?

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...