Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Enter to Win

The United States Council of Catholic Bishops is having a raffle to promote the book, Catholic Households Blessings and Prayers.  It is perfect for families with young children, newlyweds, and grandparents like myself, who are active with their grandchildren.

If I can get you to enter (What have you got to lose?), I get another entry.  Just enter from http://woobox.com/pjdyns/cd8dsu  and I'll get a bonus entry.

  • Learn essential prayers that Catholics need to know by memory
  • Bless before games of sport
  • Bless on the road
  • Practice the simple form of the Liturgy of the Hours
  • Celebrate the feasts and seasons of the Church year in ritual and prayer
  • Bless the advent wreath, Christmas crèche, and Easter foods
  • Lead grace before and after meals
  • Pray for family members
  • Bless the home before a move and in times of trouble
  And I'd add to bless yourself every time you pass a Catholic Church, to recognize the presence of Jesus in the Tabernacle.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...