Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Walking Along the Beach

from MEK's Pencil in the Hole

A little gray seal followed me while I walked the beach, this morning.  I saw his little spaniel like snout pop out of a wave, as I scanned the varying colors of the water.  I shouted “Good morning,” and laughed as he dove under a wave. 

  I was going to skip a rock across the surface of the water, but I didn't want to scare away my little friend.  My son, so far this year, holds the “rock skipping” record at nine jumps.  He did that, this weekend, with me as a witness.  I was alone, so that was another reason, not to skip the rock on the surface.  Who’d back up my claim to breaking the new “rock skipping” record?

Instead, I started my Rosary.  I was praying in thanksgiving for bringing hubby home safely yesterday, for a beautiful morning, for reacquainting my senses with the ocean, for life—glorious life.  There’s a plethora of seaside life, on the beach.  When I came back home, I looked up some of the plant life; I’d forgotten about since last summer.  The fish and mammals (seals), and periwinkles, etc., even the sand dunes have life.   God is such a show off.
 

Walking the beach and praying, thanks be to God.

Hands Up Don't Shoot

  Our Lady of Ferguson Icon by Mark Doox Icons are written because they are stories. This story began in the city of Ferguson, Missouri, whi...