Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Salesmanship

 Tonight, I went out to order pizza.  I went to the store and ordered it.  The price came to over $20.  I was particular ordering two medium to get the special deal of buying one pizza and getting the other half off.  The young man taking my order said that deal is only for on-line customers.  I said, "I'll go in my car and order it.  Isn't that ridiculous that I'm here and I can't get the deal, but if I take three steps outside and order it on my phone, I get the deal? Where's your manager?"  He apologized and said he couldn't help me, it's an online deal.

So I took three steps out and ordered it on my phone.  Then I went inside and asked, "Did you get my order?"  

Ridiculous.

The first young man who I spoke to, went and hid behind some boxes.  Another young man came and asked, "What did you order?"  I told him that I just order two medium pizza's on my phone.  We looked at their screen.  It was up high.  It looked like a TV screen with orders on it.  My order wasn't on it.  We both looked at my phone and I didn't hit "send."  Then it appeared on the screen.  He said that it would be ready in 8 minutes and I could wait in my car.  

I did.

He brought it out to me as I waited in my car.

I tipped him very generously.

The first kid missed out.

What lesson did he learn?  I hope he learned to be more helpful.  Why didn't he suggest ordering it on my phone and helping me to do it?  Did he think it reasonable that someone had to take three steps outside to order the pizza?  

What lesson did I learn?  Order on-line.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...