Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Just Between You, Me, and the Sanctuary Light

 Unplanned and surprised, I received Communion three times, today.  I forgot that my Lay Dominican Fraternity was having a Mass today, so I went to 10:00 Mass.  As the priest was descending the altar steps, he stumbled a bit and two Eucharists jumped out.  I happened to be first in line and the priest asked me to pick them up, since his bad knee wouldn't allow him to bend.  I did.  Then I asked him if I should eat them and he said, "Please do."

No one saw this happen.  What everyone saw was me reverently bowing before receiving Communion.

So this blessing was just between Jesus and me.


Later in the day, I attended my fraternity's Mass and received again.  
Blessed!

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...