Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2020

Psalm 22 and Cardinal Pell

Cardinal George Pell
The Office of Readings this morning had Psalm 22 for a Good Friday reading.  An image of Cardinal Pell could very well apply.  Of course, this psalm is referring to Jesus but isn't Pell surrounded by bulls and dogs (enemies).

Many bulls have surrounded me...

Many dogs have surrounded me...

All who see me deride me.

The Cardinal as he now walks free can hear, "Pell rot in hell."  He must pray:

O Lord, do not leave me alone,
my strength, make haste to help me!

Thanks be to God that he is free now to:

I will tell of your name to my brethren
and praise you where they are assembled.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...