Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Pessimistic Optimist

We're discussing whether the glass is half full or half empty.  If the glass is perceived half full then they considered you an optimist, and vice versa.  I didn't agree.  It's because I'm a pessimist, that I'm an optimist.  When I'm anxious about something, I turn my problem over to God.  But I know He doesn't give me anything I can't handle.  So I have something that worries me.  I handle it by imagining the worst that can happen.  OK, then I make plans to handle that worst scenario.  Once I have a plan in place, I can relax, because if I can handle the worst thing that could happen, then I can handle anything.

By the way, when I look at the glass, I always think, "Some bastard stole half my drink."

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...