Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

R'Ann asked "What's your favorite book?"

Answer: "My new favorite book is Island of the World, by Michael D. O'Brien.  I admit it's heavy reading, but that's why I keep going back to it.  It is a keeper.  I easily imagine for the rest of my life, I'll be going back to it.  The main character, Josip, will have you in love, in tears, in pain, and enthralled.  Whew! What a book!  I did once write a review of it, but it was too long (three pages and over 7000 words), for Catholic Fiction.  The novel leaves such a large impression, there is no way a quick review would do it justice.

That answers R'Ann's question.  R'Ann hosts Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  This is a place where Catholic bloggers, like myself, link up with our week's posts.  Go over there and read some other bloggers.  As for me, my week went like this:

Monday -- This post is really my Lay Dominican Chapter's discussion on the New Evangelization.

Tuesday -- was a hoot! (Still laughing.)  You know there was an earthquake (2.?) in the area.  LOL

Wednesday -- I disagreed with Doc, the discussion leader.

Thursday -- A short story for Valentine's Day.

Friday -- I prayed for you.

Saturday -- Another prayer group tale.

How did your week go?  Click over to R'Ann's and read some other bloggers' weekly posts.


Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...