Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hilare Belloc's Catholicism

Hilaire Belloc was an interesting person.  He had a way with words.  At one time, he was a candidate for political office.  His Catholicism was viewed as a detriment.  Religious prejudice is difficult to overcome.  

One time, at a speech, he appeared on the rostrum with a rosary held high in his hand.  He declared: "I am a Catholic.  As far as possible I go to Mass, every day.  As far a possible I kneel down and pray with these rosary beads, every day.  If you reject me on account of my religion, I shall thank God that he has spared me the indignity of being your representative."

He was elected.

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...