Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

It rained on the Memorial Day parade, so we didn't attend.  It's not the same, anymore, anyway.  When I was a child, the family went to two parades.  The first was my home town's and we went and visited my relatives in the Protestant cemetery.  The only one in town and really everybody could be buried there.  Then in the afternoon, we went to the parade in the neighboring town.  And we visited my relatives there.  More relatives were in this cemetery--the Catholic one.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, no one in my immediate family is buried in my current local cemetery.  My adult kids have never visited a cemetery and planted flowers on graves.  We have never had the opportunity.  We live too distant from family.   That's the way it is.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...