Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2024

Perspective in the Other's Eyes


 This picture of the snake being crushed by Mary, the Mother of Jesus is fearsome, isn't it?  We have a statue of this in my parish church.  When one of my granddaughters was about three years old, I brought her to church, during the day, when no one was there.  Bishop Robert Barron teaches us that people are attracted to the Catholic Church because of its beauty. So here I am showing her how beautiful everything is.  But when I bring her to the statue of Mary and say "Look, at the beautiful lady...".  She starts walking away with a look of horror on her face!  I follow the gaze of her horror-strucken eyes.  At her eye-level is this snake!

This is a lesson on perspective.  Think of the other's perspective when you explain.

No comments:

The Last Believers

  The Women by Kristin Hannah is a wonderful story about a woman’s experience working as a nurse during the Vietnam War. It’s heart wrenchi...