Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2024

No Euphemisms Please


 This picture reminded me of the time I went to use the restroom, in a restaurant.  I looked for the Ladies Room and saw a door with a picture of a naked lady on it.  I hesitated.  Why do I want to see a naked lady?  I looked at the adjacent door and it had a picture of a naked man. On the other hand, why do I want to see a naked man?  Just then, a man came out of the naked man door and that ended all my confusion.

What's with the fancy, analogous, related, rest room signs?

One time, down the Cape, I saw my husband enter a Ladies Room with the sign "Gulls."  He looked at it quick and thought it said "Guys."  The restrooms were Gulls and Buoys.

In California, I took a picture of a Ladies Room that had "Betty," on the door, and sent it to my sister, Bette.  She thought I was crazy but it really, really said "Betty."

C'mon!  Call a spade, a spade!

No comments:

Birthdays

 Two birthday parties mentioned in the Bible are one by an Egyptian Pharaoh and Herod.  The Pharaoh doesn't have a name but he threw him...