Search This Blog

Friday, October 13, 2023

A Florilegium

 A florilegium is a notebook, or journal, or collection of verses that you want to remember.  A notebook of "bon mots," so to speak.

I have done this all my life.  Whenever, I have encountered something beautifully written, or something I wish I had said, or just something I want to remember, I've written it down.  A florilegium is for spiritual texts that you want to meditate more on.  Whereas my notebooks have everything from "come backs" to spiritual thoughts.  

Every once in a while, I enjoy reading through them.  These are written mindfully and represent an act of enjoyment, appreciation, if not homage, to the text.  What can I say, I enjoy written expression.


No comments:

The Last Believers

  The Women by Kristin Hannah is a wonderful story about a woman’s experience working as a nurse during the Vietnam War. It’s heart wrenchi...