I tried this before, a book club for my grandchild and grandma. She was in kindergarten. She hated it. It was torture. So I dropped it. This time she is in the fifth grade and she is enthused. She picked the book Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. Her sister in kindergarten picked The Prairie Thief by Melissa Wiley. We'll see how it goes.
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not for Monkey Brains
How many times have I attempted to read The Cloud of Unknowing? Once, T wice ? I guess three times is a Trinity! I finished it. Once I ...
-
St Dominic and the Devil by Pietro della Vecchia D Don't you just love legends? I mean stories. St. Dominic stories abound. Of cou...
-
Yesterday, I posted about a sculpture on the top of a column in the church of St. Mary Magdalen , in Vezelay, France . Meditating upon the...
-
My Lay Dominican Chapter, Our Lady of Mercy, has the best spiritual director. Today he gave us, what my "cloistered brothers" ca...

No comments:
Post a Comment