Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2021

Be Nice

 LECTIO:                                                           Ephesians 4: 29-32

Never let evil talk pass your lips; say only the good things men need to hear, things that will really help them.  Do nothing that will sadden the Holy Spirit with whom you wear sealed against the day of redemption.  Get rid of all bitterness, all passion and anger, harsh words, slander, and malice of every kind.  In place of these, be kind to one another, compassionate, and mutually forgiving, just as God has forgiven you in Christ.

STUDIUM:

Remember how the Hebrews in Exodus 16:2-3


, saddened the Holy Spirit by grumbling against Moses and God.  Paul is thinking of the mean, unkind comments that hurt others.  This kind of attitude disrupts the fellowship and unity of Christians.  We should encourage and support each other, not tear each other down.

MEDITATIO:

Who would want to sadden the Holy Spirit?

ORATIO:

Lord Jesus, put your hand over my mouth to stop all sarcastic, cynical, and hurtful retorts that come out of my mouth.  Help me be more like You.

CONTEMPLATIO:

Maybe avoiding occasions where I am likely to judge (No wonder perople become hermits!) will help me to be kinder.  I don't want to be mean.  I don't intend to be.  I try but I won't make it without the help of the Holy Spirit.  Lord, send Your Grace upon me.

RESOLUTIO:

I resolve to THINK before speaking.  Think of something good to say to everyone.  Slow down and be nice.

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...