Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Sorcerer's Stone

 This book is the first of the Harry Potter series, Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling. I've read it before, years ago. My book club, the Argonauta, read it when it first came out to see what all the hoopla was about.  I remember everyone loved it.

Since then, I forgot about it.  My granddaughter is reading it and to connect with her, I thought I would reread it to discuss it with her.  We'll discuss the controversy about it.  Some say there's black magic in it.  But so is Snow White.  I look at it as an allegory between good and evil and good wins.

What magical subject would you like to study?

What Hogwart's house would you like to belong to?

What pet would you pick?

Who is the most courageous person in the book?

What do you think of Neville?

Why do you think the Dursleys were chosen to raise Harry?

I hope this book discussion will lead to reading more books.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...