Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Different Relationship

 My sister is my hero.  She is ten years older than me so our relationship sometimes was mother and daughter and sometimes sister to sister.  Since she was babysitting me, I accompanied her everywhere. Even on dates!  We also played cards a lot and other games.  So we were interacting one on one.  

But now watching her as a mother to six children, her relationship with her children is so different.  For example, what discipline worked with me, doesn't work with her children.  I didn't want my sister to be disappointed in me so I was a good girl.  I wanted her to be proud of me since she brought me to my sports games, choir practice, and other activities.  I always tried my best.  But her own kids don't seem to care whether they disappoint their parents or not.  And I haven't figured out why. Yes, the relationship is different, but Sis is still Sis.  

                                                                               Sis.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...