Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Thank You Jesus for the Gift

 Almost fifteen years ago I bought a book of Advent Meditations by Father Peter Stravinskas.  I haven't looked at it since today.  On Friday of Week 1, Year B, he wrote:

During this season our minds are often focused on getting the right gift for the right person. What about the right gift from the right person? For example, have you thought about asking the Lord for a Christmas gift?

In line with today's readings, I intend to ask for understanding and sight, which produce insight.  And I am confident that Almighty God will grant this request because it is asking for the right gift from the right Person.

I wrote a notation after this reading that I was asking for health.  Fifteen years ago when I last did these Advent Meditations I was suffering from Cronkhite Canada SyndromeHere's a description. 

Ask and you shall receive.  Today, I am thanking God for my health.

 2008

Me in

No comments:

Hockey Playoffs