Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Listening on O'Connell St.



 Speaking of listening, I wrote this after I thought about all the times I put things on the long finger..... And about some people I met along the way I like to call the yes people ((+:.......for those of you Stateside the clock referred to is on O'Connell St in Dublin where couples would meet for a date or night out....I might have been there once or twice back in the day ((+: Anyway, here it goes :

 LOUD AND CLEAR: 

listen, can you hear anything I say?
Or are you just nodding, hoping I'll go away?
I write I talk, I call on the phone
Telling you everything you need to know.
A few days later I call you back,
the first thing you say is,
Hey, " how's the craic " ? 

I go on a visit to see an old pal,
Say's he, " now if you need anything,
I'm your man" !
So I take a chance and ask for something,
Sure wouldn't you know,
it all turned into nothing. "

 See you under the clock around eight,"
one of the lads tells his mate,
She stands in the rain till almost nine,
ah, Jasus she thinks, " was it eight or nine??

 Hey, Mickey, sorry about your brother Blake,
I wished I made it to the wake.
Ah, you mustn't have listened to what I said,
 He's gone on a trip with Club Med!!!



 Missing and thinking of you all today
God's Peace, 

 Jazzer 



No comments:

Hockey Playoffs