Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2020

A Prisoner's Dream!

                                  A Prisoner's Dream! 



  
Yesterday I had a really nice email from my brother telling me about the funeral service for my mother at Glassnevin Cemetery back in Dublin Ireland. I was sad; I wasn't there once again for a very special occasion but then I thought about a poem I wrote years ago that reminded me of things we did together.....for those of you in the states.... The Church on the hill would be my local parish where I went many many time with her, she love The Mount and would tell me stories about it long before it was our parish Church of Mount Argus, you can check it out on the Google thing its a pretty cool place. Stephen's Green is also a place I went with her as a kid sometimes to feed the Ducks and Swans.....I think its easy to forget we were all innocent kids one time until someone is gone, but isn't in nice to remember the good times when that sadness comes your way!!


 O' how lonesome I feel when I'm far far from home, 
When nighttime comes found
 Its there that I roam.
 I see all the places 
Where my feet often trod
 Past the Church on the hill 
I gaze at the cross. "What's that there !" 
I say in my dream, As hundreds of people
 Stroll about Stephen's Green. 
Closer and closer, I can't make it out
 Just a minute, I can see it, its coming to me now. 

All of a sudden 
The lights flash on.
 I hear "Stand For Count" 
And my dreams are all gone! 
I open my eyes , as my feet hit the floor,
 Another night over
 I'm dreaming no more.

 Love and Prayers to you all 
God's Peace 
 (Jazzer)

 IMG_6420   

Mt. Argus, Dublin, Ireland

         Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin, Ireland

No comments:

Hockey Playoffs