Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

No Pain, No Gain

Today is the Triumph of the Cross.  Catholics exalt Christ's dying on the cross.  Meditating on this day, made me think of the times I was in pain (physically, mentally, emotionally).  In fact, I probably even prayed to be relieved of that pain, "Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me; yet not as I will, but as thou willest."

In retrospect, the suffering molded me into being who I am.  I should know by now, to just trust God.  If He brought me to it, He'll bring me through it.

It also struck me how an object of shame, the cross, has become a symbol of triumph.  Just imagine, something that was designed to humiliate, torture, kill, shame, managed to bring about our redemption.  An example of God turning bad into good.

If it weren't for the passion and crucifixion, we wouldn't have had the Resurrection.

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...