Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Youth is Wasted on the Young

 John and I were talking before Mass about someone who has had a few abortions.  John was telling me that he thinks the girl is just young and clueless.  She's not thinking the process through.  She's, well just YOUNG.  
John then said that he has often thought that more mature women (ahem!), like myself, should be the ones getting pregnant.  

 After wiping my face, since my drink coughed out of my nose!  I gasped, "Wha..?"

John explained that now that I'm older and wiser, calmer, etc., I'd be a wonderful mother. 

This line of thinking brought to mind, something I've always thought.  And that's that we should be sending men 50+ to war, and not the young men, for the same reasons: wiser, more mature, more patient, etc..  Yeah, I know the arguments about the young soldiers are at their physical peak in the twenties, but this is the 21st century.  I don't think being at one's physical peak is all that it's cracked up to be. 

Do you think we have it backwards?  

 

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...