Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stress

Work is offering a Stress Reduction Program.  It's just what I need but I don't have the time to fit it in my schedule.

I know; that's a sign that I need it.  I already have a stress related disease, so I do need stress relief.  But I have my own coping mechanism.  It's called prayer.

Faith's Stress Relief Method:

  • Rosary
  • Lectio Divina
  • Centering Prayer
  • Eucharistic Adoration
  • Our Lady of Hope Prayer Group
Tonight I went to OLHPG to relieve some stress.  We prayed a Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  Afterwards, in circle, we shared Mary stories, since today is the memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows.
Ester told the story of her grandmother's devotion to Mary.  Marie told the story of leaving a rose at the foot of a statue of the BVM and the priest finding it and thinking it was a miracle--because on that date (Marian Feast) a rose appears every year.  And I told the story that Father John Randall tells.  Father Randall was a passenger in a car full of priests.  They were all traveling somewhere.  They were discussing apparitions.  Some of them believed in them and some were skeptical.  All of a sudden, the car was filled with the scent of roses.
    That was a conversation stopper.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...